Hi! Welcome to Ann Evans' blogspot.





Saturday 21 July 2012

Romance is in the air - or airwaves.


ROMANCE is in the air - or at least on the airwaves, and only on the fictional scene too, but hey, you can't have everything in life.


My romantic novel A Tropical Affair came out as an ebook on Amazon yesterday, which is almost as exciting as when it was first published as a My Weekly Pocket Novel by DC Thompson last year.


Then, it was published under my maiden name of Carroll, as all my books previously have been for children, so to keep the genres separate, I decided to use a pseudonym. I've changed back to the name I've had for the last 30 years for this ebook issue in the hope that young people who have liked my books in the past will stick with me as they grow up.

And I don't think there's going to be any confusion as the picture on the front definitely indicates it's a romantic love story and not a children's adventure or mystery story.  Although Shannon, my heroine, certainly has an adventure or two when hero, Dane Kincade arrives on the scene all intent on destroying her home and livelihood - and stealing her heart.

The original book published under my maiden name.


The lovely little My Weekly Pocket Novels don't have a long shelf life. With new pocket novels published every week by DC Thompson, they're only on the newsagents shelves for about week before being replaced by the next one. Not that I'm complaining because A Tropical Affair has been picked up by another publisher who is bringing it out in hardback in February 2013 - which I'm thrilled about!


Producing an ebook means you have to get a new cover, so luckily for me, I share a photographic studio (Tysall's Photography) in Nuneaton; so I bribed my pal Rob Tysall to create the cover for me with promises of coffee and choccy biscuits.  Then, I needed a happy couple who wouldn't mind posing in a clinch. My daughter and her boyfriend were persuaded with promises of wine and choccy biscuits (not to be consumed at the same time however).

And did we all jet off to that tropical paradise? Oh if only! The resulting book cover was some clever studio shots combined with a touch of wizardry on photos Rob took on a trip to Switzerland! And they say the camera never lies!

Please visit my website at:  www.annevansbooks.co.uk and www.tysallsphotography.org.uk

You can read the first chapter on Amazon:   http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008MY24BO
























No comments:

Post a Comment